Two-Million Mark Surpassed as Sanofi Pasteur’s Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser Celebrates Record 13th Year
Jul 28, 2016
POCONO MANOR, PA; July 28, 2016 – At tonight’s sold out annual Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser, one of the largest fundraising events in Northeast Pennsylvania, a record-breaking $225,975 was awarded to six Monroe County nonprofits, bringing the total raised since the event’s inception to more than $2 million.
More than 480 community enthusiasts attended this year’s event, titled “Keeping It Close to Home.” Within the stunning ballrooms of Kalahari Resorts and Conventions, funds were given to the following local non-profit organizations (in alpha order): American Red Cross of the Pocono Mountains; Barrett Paradise Friendly Library; The Friendly Community Center; The Garden of Giving; Minsi Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America; and Pocono Area Transitional Housing.
Event founder, Diamond Sponsor and host Sanofi Pasteur once again covered all event costs. As a result, 100 percent of ticket sales and sponsorships directly benefitted the non-profit recipients.
“Throughout the years, Sanofi Pasteur has continually invested in our Swiftwater, Pennsylvania site, and in our community,” said Frank Epifano, vice president, North America & Global Finance, Commercial Operations, Sanofi Pasteur. “From the community perspective, those investments -- such as volunteerism, company monetary donations, and programs such as the Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser -- underscore our priorities and values as a company.”
Funding awarded at this year’s event will help the following programs:
- American Red Cross of the Pocono Mountains will continue its Home Fire Campaign, which aims to reduce fire-related injuries and deaths in Monroe County homes. The Red Cross will also continue its Pillowcase Project, which teaches local children emergency preparedness and stress-coping skills.
- Barrett Paradise Friendly Library will teach early childhood science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) literacy in Monroe County with its STEM/Works for Kids program, which familiarizes children ages 3-12 with these subjects.
- The Friendly Community Center will offer a "Making Memories" program to Monroe County residents with dementia, and their caregivers. The program provides a sense of comfort and dignity to its participants through opportunities for self-expression, meaningful interaction, life enrichment, and memory activation.
- The Garden of Giving will supply high-quality organic produce and eggs to local food banks and soup kitchens in Monroe County, while also providing nutritional programs and materials to local residents.
- Minsi Trails Council, Boy Scouts of America will run the Scoutreach program for at-risk boys in Monroe County. The school-based program teaches character and leadership development.
- Pocono Area Transitional Housing will provide temporary housing and individualized support services to homeless Monroe County families.
Eyewitness News/WBRE-TV/WYOU-TV served as a key media sponsor for the Fundraiser, culminating with Brianna Strunk, Eyewitness News reporter, serving as a co-emcee for tonight’s gala. Guests enjoyed an array of culinary delights, including the event’s signature lobster and many locally sourced menu items, and danced to the music of Brotherhood.
Since its inception in 2004, the Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser has grown to be the largest single fundraiser event in Monroe County, giving back more than $2 million to the community. The agency selection committee, which voted on this year’s non-profit recipients, includes representatives from the following organizations: Desaki Restaurant, East Stroudsburg University, Farr Associates Consulting, Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, Northampton Community College, Pocono Medical Center, Pocono Mountains Economic Development Corporation, Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau, Pocono Raceway, Sanofi Pasteur, and Vigon International.
Past fundraiser recipients include more than 25 local non-profit organizations, such as Burnley Employment and Rehabilitation Services, Equi-librium, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Pennsylvania, Monroe County Meals on Wheels, Monroe County Habitat for Humanity, Pocono Alliance, Pocono Services for Families and Children, Salvation Army, Weller Center for Health Education, and Women’s Resources of Monroe County, among others.
Corporate and Media Sponsors for the 2016 Pocono Mountains Community Fundraiser include: Aumvis Pharmatec, Kalahari Resorts & Conventions, Pocono Medical Center, Publicis Groupe, and Sanofi Pasteur (Diamond sponsors); East Stroudsburg University/East Stroudsburg University Foundation (Signature sponsor); Eyewitness News/WBRE-TV/WYOU-TV, Green Leaf Productions, LR Costanzo Co., Inc., Michael Baxter & Associates Commercial Real Estate, Monroe County Bar Foundation, Mount Airy Casino Resort, Relevant Solutions, LLC, Sanofi, Vigon International, Inc., and Weiler Corporation (Gold Sponsors); Adams Outdoor Advertising, Advanced Cleanroom Microclean, Coordinated Health, DME, DrugDev, Greater Pocono Chamber of Commerce, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, Pocono Manor Investors, LP; Stone Office Inc., Tunnell Consulting, Inc., Turner Construction Company, and Wise Solutions, Inc. (Silver sponsors); Embrovac LLC, Mattioli Foundation, and Worth & Company, Inc. (Shining Star sponsors).
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Genzyme. Sanofi is listed in Paris ((EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, provides more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to immunize more than 500 million people across the globe. A world leader in the vaccine industry, Sanofi Pasteur produces a portfolio of high quality vaccines that matches its areas of expertise and meets public-health demand. The company's heritage, to create vaccines that protect life, dates back more than a century. Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company entirely dedicated to vaccines. Every day, the company invests more than EUR 1 million in research and development. For more information, please visit: www.sanofipasteur.com or www.sanofipasteur.us